Monday, March 22, 2010

Postscript...

Already it begins...the fading of the memory.

As the effects of malaria slowly leave my body (feeling stronger every day), so does the sense of what I experienced begin to leave my conscious thoughts. I find it a struggle to remember what I was doing and living through just over one week before.
Matthew, ASAM Farm Administrator and my translator for the day.
Francois Rauch, my missionary friend from South Africa.
Peter the bricklayer and his assistant, getting steel ready for the campground veranda that I helped lay out the foundations for...

The truth is, life in these remote places goes on even when we go home.
(Thanks to Lynn, Barb, and others for many of these photos)

But one thing does remain, and it appears to be increasing...a growing disquiet, a subtle resentment at the need to fit back into the "routines" of our hectic North American culture.

And I ask myself, "Do I really have to?"


What matters is that we don't forget.

Though we don't see them and greet them each morning, faithful people are still getting up all over the world, having their breakfast, and then stepping out to serve in whatever way they can, with whatever the day and the Lord brings their way.
The entire staff of the ASAM Farm in Mozambique.
Please remember them in prayer.

But here is my question...who will be next?

This blog is just waiting for the next dusty traveller to take us along on their journey towards serving others in Jesus' name.
Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment