Friday, July 22, 2011

A Piece of the Puzzle

Ever feel like life is just one big puzzle, and that you won't really get the full picture until the last piece drops into place? Maybe that's a little too deep for a blog post by a humour writer, but we've had a few last-minute puzzle pieces show up lately, and I thought I'd share them with you.

Mozambique Vocational Skills Training Initiative
A key component of our trades training program in Mozambique was going to be a vast library of training videos that had been graciously donated by CDX Automotive (click here to watch a sample of their amazing training videos).

The only problem was the software had been shipped out of the US weeks ago but had not yet arrived. Today being the last day to get mail (we fly out on Sunday), Nan and I prayed specifically that He would show us what to do - I mean, how do you replan your whole training program at the last minute?

Within an hour of our prayer, the shipment arrived. A piece of the puzzle drops into place.
Another tool we thought would be good to have is a laptop computer that we could leave with the students after we are gone, so that they could continue their training until I return at a later date. On a prompting from God, Todd approached an associate who handles the IT needs at SAIT to see if she had any ideas.

Not only did Rhona find us a good used laptop (via Toshiba Canada), but she also upgraded the hard drive and RAM, and replaced the worn mouse pad and keyboard. Todd picked up the computer yesterday (again, down to the last minute!) and it works beautifully. (Thanks, Rhona!) Another puzzle piece that brings clarity to the picture.

Mercy Tech Mission Advisory Board
For me, clarity for the ongoing work of Mercy Tech Mission is important, and one piece of that puzzle was supplied when we had our first MTM Advisory Board meeting on July 9th. These great people will be the ones I draw upon for advice and support as we continue to move forward in this work that God has called us to.
L to R: Rick Cogbill, Caroline Isaak, Bob Denesiuk, Pastor Larry Schram, Todd Green
Solving puzzles, one piece at a time. Of course, God knows the finished picture from the beginning (or even before?). But it's exciting to be part of a team that gets to work on that puzzle with Him.

I leave you with the verse God has given me for this trip:

"Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”




No comments:

Post a Comment