Sunday, April 24, 2011

A few memories, and it's back into the planning stage

Hard to believe it's already been three and a half weeks since I returned from Africa. But in the process of creating some videos and slide shows for upcoming speaking engagements, I've been discovering a few "favorite" photos from the files...

Here I am buying a guitar in Chimoio to be used in the teaching of future musicians back at the farm. It awaits my return, safely tucked away in some back room in the Lagore's house.



Rick buying his "Africa" guitar, with Prosper, Matthew, and Joao standing by
 This is when Bob and I visited Domingo's home and met his family, plus had an extensive inspection of his gardens - we could barely keep up! Domingo is such a hard-working man who does his best to look after his wife and 7 kids.
Visiting Domingo's garden
I was so excited seeing this rhino up close that I could barely get my new camera to work...at least I have evidence that he was there at the same time I was!
Rhino in Kruger Game Park

Below is a video posted on YouTube that will give you a taste of our trip. (Note: to view a larger version on the YouTube page, follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUNqXKSBQcg )



Now it's time to plan for the next trip in August. I'll provide more updates in the weeks ahead. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment