Saturday, February 6, 2010

Slim Shambles goes to Africa...again!

Yes, I'm off to Africa again...the first time in 25 years.

Last time, my wife Nan and I were short-term missionaries in Kenya, East Africa. Now I'm going with our daughter to Mozambique, which is a whole lot further south on the continent.

We will spend a month helping out at a mission station run by missionaries from SAM Ministries, where I'll be doing some vehicle maintenance and repairs on some well-used trucks and vans.

Here are some samples of some "patients" that await me...








We will also be helping my niece Keren Massey, who is a nurse working with SAM Ministries. Her motorcycle, nick-named "The General" needs a little TLC as well.
By the way...if you're wondering what the reference to "Slim Shambles" is all about, it's my other life as an author and humour columnist. You can check it out here at http://www.thecarside.com/ .
Oh yes...we head to Africa on February 10th, 2010 and will return around the middle of March. A whole month of putting a little African dust on our shoes...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rick,
    Just a quick note to say Hi. Looks like Laura and yourself are fitting in quite nicely. I hope all goes well. May God Bless and protect you.
    Vince

    ReplyDelete